Red Sea Max 130D Aquarium and Cabinet
Where to buy?
At the price of £685 for a 130 litre aquarium, it might seem a little expensive BUT the Red Sea Max 130D is Ready to go as a full marine reef setup.
Red Sea Max 130D Filtration Diagram
A demonstration showing that all your filtration needs are met with the Red Sea Max130D.
1. Adjustable height surface skimmer
2. Mechanical filter sponge
3. Professional turbo protein skimmer driven by a 1200 LPH pump
4. Compartment for chiller pump
5. Accessory Kit for chiller inlet/outlet tubes
6. Thermostat – controlled heater
7. Highly porous ceramic biological filter media
8. Activated carbon chemical media
9. Twin circulation pumps with adjustable direction outlets
10. Water cooling fan
Lighting is provided by two 55w 50/50 10,000k T5’s, there’s also four blue LED’s for Moonlighting. Within the hood there is also a 24 hour programmable timer for the lighting.
There are 5 individually switched waterproofed sockets.
The cabinet has one shelf in which is ideal for storing foods and RowaPhos. Since the bottom part is rather large its ideal for placement of a chiller or small sump, should you decide to go down that route later on.
The tank and cabinet can be found for around £690 from varying online retailers. This is expesisive, but you are getting everything you need and more and the build quality and feel is second to none.
Second hand Red Sea Max 130D’s can be picked up for around £300 to £400 depdant on age and condition.
An alternative to this would be a D-D 24G or 28G, although, you might not get all the fancy extras like water proof sockets and 24 programmable timer you will save your self £300 – £400 which is the cost of some high quality live rock and basic stocking of your tank.